Dunara United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Dunara United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Dunara United Church existed in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrew's, Manitoba from 1925 until 1972. The predecessor of Dunara United Church was Dunara Presbyterian Church. The congregation of Dunara United Church utilized the structure erected by the Presbyterians in 1892. The original benches and pulpit in the church remained in use until 1951, when student minister W.C. Sellars built pews and a new pulpit for the Dunara congregation. Dunara United Church participated in a joint pastoral charge with Clandeboye, Petersfield, (and later Winnipeg Beach) for several years before the congregations began a trial amalgamation in 1969. In 1972, amalgamation of the churches became official. The amalgamated congregation is known as both the 'Clandeboye Amalgamated United Church' and as the ' Clandeboye Pastoral Charge of the United Church'. After amalgamation, services were held in Dunara United Church during the summer months only. The Dunara United Church was later occupied by the Full Gospel Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC