Title and statement of responsibility area
Dugald United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 88 - 19; 1995 - 16
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1890 - 1993 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Dugald United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Dugald, located in the Rural Municipality of Springfield, since 1925. Its predecessors were Dugald Methodist Church and Dugald Presbyterian Church. In 1923, when the Methodist Church was closed the Methodists and Presbyterians of Dugald entered into a Local Union which was formalized in 1925 when Dugald joined the United Church of Canada. At this time, the Dugald Pastoral charge also included Plympton and Oak Bank. Rev. W.M. Turnbull officiated. Millbrook joined the charge in 1953 and Hazelridge joined in 1955. In 1966, Plympton withdrew from the charge. The charge became known as Dugald-Oakbank in 1983. In 1994, the charge was split and Oakbank became its own pastoral charge and Dugald and Anola became the Dugald-Anola Pastoral charge. At the time of description, Dugald continues to be a part of the Dugald-Anola Pastoral charge in Selkirk Presbytery.
The records of Dugald United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as a result of several transfers of records in 1988 and 1995.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Dugald United Church described here are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1890-1931), Marriages (1891-1931), and Burials (1894-1933); records of the Board of Managers (1925); records of the Session and Congregational Membership, including a directory (1984), a photocopy of an Historic Roll (1950-1994), reports (1937-1939, 1944) and Session Minutes (1978); records of Congregational Meetings, including Annual Reports (1973-1984, 1993), minutes (1913-1985), and financial statements (1913-1935), records of the Official Board (1933-1985); records of Worship and Special Services (1972-1983); records of Lay Associations, including minutes of the Women's Mission Society, (W.M.S.) (1923-1961) and financial records (1948-1962), Canadian Girls In Training (C.G.I.T.) programmes, member rolls, financial records and minutes (1943-1963); records of Congregational Activities, including newsletters (1977-1995), Histories (1939-1989); and records of Christian Education and Sunday School (1935-1985).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description