Title and statement of responsibility area
Dugald Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 1987 - 34; 1995 - 16
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1892 - 1925 (Creation)
Physical description area
3 volumes and 2 partial volumes textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Sunnyside was the name originally applied to the Dugald area as it was the name of the first post office in what is now the village of Dugald, located in the Rural Municipality of Springfield; as the village grew it became known as North Plympton (and then later as Dugald). The Sunnyside name then came to be identified with the Oakbank area, ca.1880; Dugald Presbyterian was originally known as North Plympton Presbyterian Church. North Plympton was part of the Millbrook Group of Stations, along with South Plympton, Millbrook and Richland. Rev. J. Hamilton was the first Presbyterian minister for this field. Presbyterians in the area began to plan for a church in 1887 and Dr. King of Manitoba College dedicated it in 1889. This church was also used by the Methodists and a Union Sunday School. When the name of the community was changed to Dugald around 1900, the name of the church also changed. In 1909 one hundred books were donated to the Presbyterian Church and became the foundation for a lending library. Dugald and Oakbank united in one field in 1911. In 1914 a basement was added to the church building but water was always a problem in spring and resulted in the loss of many early records. In 1923, when the Methodist Church was closed, the Methodists and Presbyterians entered into Local Union which was formalized in 1925 when the name was changed to Dugald United Church.
Records of the Dugald Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers from the Dugald Pastoral Charge in 1987 and 1995.
Scope and content
Records of the Dugald Presbyterian Church are arranged in the following series: records of the Board of Managers, 1892-1925; records of Christian Education and Sunday School, 1911-1916; records of the Congregation, including minutes, 1892-1912 and financial records dating from 1891- 1897.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of Beausejour Presbyterian Church for additional material pertaining to Dugald Presbyterian Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- North Plympton Presbyterian Church (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description