Fonds Acc: 84 - 5 - Douglas United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Douglas United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 84 - 5

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1922 - 1966 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 folder, 1 bound volume textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Douglas United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Douglas, located northeast of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Elton, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union Church formed with the Presbyterian church in 1922. Douglas Methodist Church, built in 1893, continued to be used as the Douglas Union Church and Douglas United Church. The Douglas field also included Chater and Sperling with Rev. J.H. Hellyar officiating. The charge remained the same until it amalgamated with Forrest United Church congregation to become the Forest - Douglas Pastoral charge on April 27, 1947. A rear addition was built onto Douglas United Church in 1957. As of July 1, 2010, Forrest-Douglas Pastoral Charge amalgamated with Rapid City to form Rolling River Pastoral charge in the Assiniboine Presbytery.

Custodial history

The records of Douglas United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Killarney Pastoral charge in 1984.

Scope and content

The records of Douglas United Church held at the conference archives include records of the Willing Workers Women's Group (1922 - 1961) and an annual report (1966).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: Douglas United Church is also described separately as part of the Forrest - Douglas Pastoral charge fonds.

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres