Title and statement of responsibility area
Douglas United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 94-28; 07-17
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2 volumes of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Douglas United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Douglas, located northeast of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Elton, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union Church formed with the Presbyterian church in 1922. Douglas Methodist Church, built in 1893, continued to be used as the Douglas Union Church and Douglas United Church. The Douglas field also included Chater and Sperling with Rev. J.H. Hellyar officiating. The charge remained the same until it amalgamated with Forrest United Church congregation to become the Forest - Douglas Pastoral charge on April 27, 1947. A rear addition was built onto Douglas United Church in 1957. As of July 1, 2010, Forrest-Douglas Pastoral Charge amalgamated with Rapid City to form Rolling River Pastoral charge in the Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Douglas United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Rural Municipality of Elton in 1994 and from Judy Hare in 2007.
Scope and content
The records of Douglas United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental register pertaining to Baptisms (1910-1953), Marriages (1909-1950), and Burials (1934-1947); and a Communion Roll and Register (1913-1995).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the separate fonds level description for Douglas United Church found within the Killarney Pastoral charge.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description