Title and statement of responsibility area
Dominion City United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1953 - 1977 (Creation)
Physical description area
2 volumes textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Dominion City United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Dominion City, located about twenty kilometers from the Canada-U.S. border in the Rural Municipality of Franklin, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Union Church formed by Dominion City Presbyterian Church and Dominion City Methodist Church in 1922. The Presbyterian church continued to be used as both Dominion City Union Church and Dominion City United Church after 1925. Student minister Rev. J. McNeil presided over the first United services. An addition to the south end of the church was made in 1926. The Methodist church building was sold to the Penza Masonic Lodge and then later sold to the Western Bible Mission before it was eventually moved to the West Indian Reservation. A new church was dedicated on 19 July 1964 to replace the old church which was later converted into a garage for a local trucking company. In 1959 the Emerson-Dominion City Pastoral charge was formed with Emerson, Dominion City, Green Ridge, Newbridge, Ridgeville and Woodmore. In 1968 the charge was renamed the Valley Pastoral charge and included points at Altona, Dominion City, Emerson, Greenridge, Letellier and Ridgeville. Both Letellier and Ridgeville closed the following year and by 1972, the Valley Pastoral charge included Emerson, Dominion City and Greenridge. As of 2007, Dominion City United Church
The records of Dominion City United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from St. Andrew's United Church, Emerson in 1988.
Scope and content
The records of Dominion City United Church held at the conference archives include financial records (1958 - 1970) and records of the Sunday School (1908 - 1933).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and St. Andrew's United Church in Emerson as well as Zion Calvin United Church in Darlingford for other material pertaining to Dominion City United Church. Dominion City United Church is also described as a fonds of the Valley Pastoral charge.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description