Dominion City Presbyterian Church

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Dominion City Presbyterian Church

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

Zone de description

Dates d’existence

Historique

The Dominion City Presbyterian Church existed in Dominion City, Manitoba, located in the Rural Municipality of Franklin, from 1880 to 1922. Services, however, had been held since 1876 when Rev. John Scott first came to the area, then called Roseau Crossing. Rev. Scott held services in homes, railway stations, school houses, or any place large enough for the people to gather. The church was built in 1880. A Local Union with Dominion City's Methodist congregation was formed in 1922. Reverend Phillip Barker presided over these union services, held in the Presbyterian Church. The church continued to be used after the union church formally joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, up until 1963 when a new church was built. The former Presbyterian church was then converted to a garage for a local trucking company.

Lieux

Statut légal

Fonctions et activités

Textes de référence

Organisation interne/Généalogie

Contexte général

Zone des relations

Zone des points d'accès

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Occupations

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de notice d'autorité

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue(s)

Écriture(s)

Sources

Notes de maintenance

  • Presse-papier

  • Exporter

  • EAC

Sujets associés

Lieux associés