Dominion City Presbyterian Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Dominion City Presbyterian Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Dominion City Presbyterian Church existed in Dominion City, Manitoba, located in the Rural Municipality of Franklin, from 1880 to 1922. Services, however, had been held since 1876 when Rev. John Scott first came to the area, then called Roseau Crossing. Rev. Scott held services in homes, railway stations, school houses, or any place large enough for the people to gather. The church was built in 1880. A Local Union with Dominion City's Methodist congregation was formed in 1922. Reverend Phillip Barker presided over these union services, held in the Presbyterian Church. The church continued to be used after the union church formally joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, up until 1963 when a new church was built. The former Presbyterian church was then converted to a garage for a local trucking company.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places