Fonds Acc: 84 - 26 - Diocesan Anglican Church Women fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Diocesan Anglican Church Women fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL Acc: 84 - 26

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1936 - 1983, predominant 1967 - 1979 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 m textual material and coloured slides

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The predecessor of the Anglican Church Women (ACW) organization was the Women's Auxiliary(WA) established in 1887. The ACW was officially incorporated by the province of Manitoba on 21 March, 1967. Its purpose was to "unite women in a fellowship of worship, study and offering, which will deepen and strengthen their own spiritual lives and will lead them into Christian service in parish, community, diocese, nation and world". The organizational structure consisted of General Meeting, Diocesan Board, Deaneries as constituted in the Diocese of Rupert's Land, and Parish Groups. The first Board meeting under the new name was held on April 11, 1967, with Mrs. B.F. Larsen as President. The ACW existed at the Diocesan level until 31 December 1973, but it was never entirely dissolved at the Parish level.

Custodial history

The records of the ACW came to the Diocesan archives as a transfer of records accessioned in 1984.

Scope and content

The surviving records of the Diocesan ACW include: records of the Executive, including minutes dating from 1966, 1967, and 1970; records of the Board, including minutes dating from1966 to 1968, and 1970 to 1973; records of the General Meeting, including minutes dating from 1968, 1971, and 1973, reports dating from 1968 to 1971 and 1973, and proceedings dating from 1968 to 1970; legal documents, including constitution, name change documents and by - laws dating from 1967, financial records, including a ledger dating from 1944 to 1973, a cash book dating from 1969 to 1973, statements and reports dating from 1970, 1971, and 1973, investments and endowments dating from 1954 to 1973, and accounting summaries dating from 1973; miscellaneous items dating from 1936 to 1973; records of the dissolution of the ACW of Rupert's Land dating from 1974 to 1975; records of the Investigating Committee, including minutes dating from January 10, 1968; newsletters dating from 1969 to 1973; records of the Integration Task Force, including minutes and correspondence dating from 1970 to 1971, and 1973 to 1975, and an amendment report dating from 1973; records of the Yellowknife Conference, including minutes dating from 1976 and correspondence dating from 1975 to 1976; records of the Keewatin Handicrafts, including cash book, correspondence and issues of the "Keewatin" dating from 1976 to 1978; records of the Church Home for Girls, including correspondence and financial records dating from 1975, and Board of Director's minutes and correspondence dating from 1975 to 1976; records of the Manitoba Action Committee on the Status of Women, including printed material dating from 1976; records of the Consultation on Women and Ministry Task Force , including reports and correspondence dating from 1978 to 1979; newspaper clippings dating from 1967 to 1973; records of the Women's Steering Committee, including a newsletter dating circa 1983; and 21 coloured slides titled "ACW on Red River" dating from June 1971.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Material is located in ACW Box 1 - 3 located in the Lower Vault.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See the records of individual parishes for local ACW records.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Language of material note

The material is in English.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres