Title and statement of responsibility area
Dauphin First United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 1996 - 09; 1998 - 16
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2.5m textual records + other material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Dauphin United Church was organised in 1929 with the amalgamation of the congregations from Grace and St. James United Churches. The new United Church congregation first used the building of the former Grace United Church for services and the former St. James United Church was used as a hall. Rev. A.W. Lochead presided over the first services of the newly joined congregations. In 1947, a basement designed to be used as a church hall was added to the Dauphin United Church. The name Dauphin First United Church seems to have been adopted from then on. During the 1950s extensive renovations to the property were undertaken resulting in a new Church and Christian Education building opening in 1962. The former Grace United Church property was sold to Ensign Stores Limited soon after. In 1969, the Dauphin Plains United Church closed and the congregation merged with Dauphin First United. As of 2007, Dauphin First United Church remains a one-point charge as part of the Northland Presbytery.
The records of Dauphin First United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records from the charge in 1996 and 1998.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of documents created by the congregation of Dauphin First United Church and includes the following series: Sacramental Registers, 1905-1991; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, 1929-1994; records of the Official Board and Its Standing Committees, 1935-1994; records of Annual Meetings of the congregation and Annual Reports, 1930-1994; records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property, 1929-1976; records of Lay Associations, 1929-1992; and Reference, [after 1925]-[before 1967].
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Series description; file lists available
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description