Dauphin First United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Dauphin First United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Dauphin United Church was organised in 1929 with the amalgamation of the congregations from Grace and St. James United Churches. The new United Church congregation first used the building of the former Grace United Church for services and the former St. James United Church was used as a hall. Rev. A.W. Lochead presided over the first services of the newly joined congregations. In 1947, a basement designed to be used as a church hall was added to the Dauphin United Church. The name Dauphin First United Church seems to have been adopted from then on. During the 1950s extensive renovations to the property were undertaken resulting in a new Church and Christian Education building opening in 1962. The former Grace United Church property was sold to Ensign Stores Limited soon after. In 1969, the Dauphin Plains United Church closed and the congregation merged with Dauphin First United. As of 2007, Dauphin First United Church remains a one-point charge as part of the Northland Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC