Title and statement of responsibility area
Dand United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78-25
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
.25m textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Dand United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Dand, located in the Rural Municipality of Winchester, since 1925. The predecessors of the congregation of Dand United Church were the "Chain Lakes Friends" congregation and the Chain Lakes and Dand Union Church. Meetings of the Quaker community known as the "Chain Lakes Friends" began in the district in 1899. The founder of the congregation, Alma G. Dale, held early services in the Chain Lakes School. The "Chain Lakes Friends Meeting House" was completed in the fall of 1899, two miles north of highway #21. The congregation became known as "Chain Lakes and Dand Union Church" and joined the Lauder Pastoral Charge in 1923. In 1925, Chain Lakes and Dand Union Church became Dand United Church. The pastoral field at this time included Lauder, Dand, Chain Lakes and Melgund. Rev. E.W. Johnson presided. In 1949, the church was moved from its original location to the highway two miles north of Dand. The Church deed was transferred from the "Chain Lakes Friends" to the Dand United Church in 1952. In 1965, Dand United Church joined with Lauder, Hartney and Melgund to form the Hartney-Lauder Pastoral Charge. Dand United Church closed its doors in 2006.
The records of the Dand United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Hartney-Lauder charge in 1978.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Dand United Church include: records of Session (1952-1970); records of the Board of Managers (1922-1931); records of the Annual Meetings of the Congregations (1925-1966); records of the Board of Trustees (1949-1963); records pertaining to church property, including financial records (1924-1971); records pertaining to Christian Education, including attendance and financial records of the Sunday School (1923-1947); and reference material, including church histories and an anniversary program (1974-1989).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
Associated material: See Dand Women's Institute, "Golden Memories - A History of the Dand Community" (Brandon: Leech Printing).
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Brandon Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description