Collection 324 - Daly House Museum Collection

Railroad Bunkhouse Rapid City Road Joe Avery and Bill Elliot at Rock Lake George & Ethel Graham George Graham at Kemnay Road Ethel Graham Ethel & Billie Graham George Graham Marching Band Kiwanis Swimming Pool at Brandon Fair Grounds
Results 1 to 10 of 199 Show all

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Daly House Museum Collection

General material designation

  • Graphic material
  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Collection

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 324

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1876-2011 (Creation)
    Creator
    The Daly House Museum

Physical description area

Physical description

150 photographs
22 negatives
29 slides
63 postcards
38.5cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1976-2014)

Administrative history

The house that is now the Daly House Museum was built in 1882 and originally belonged to Brandon’s first mayor, Thomas Mayne Daly (1852-1911). It is located at 122-18th street in Brandon, Manitoba. In 1896, Daly sold the house to his law partner, George Robson Coldwell (1858-1924). The Coldwell family resided in the house until 1928. From 1928 until 1972, the house served as a children’s home called The Maples. In 1976, Brandon Museum Inc., a non-profit organization, took over the building. For two years, they worked to restore the house and convert it into a museum which was opened in 1978. The preservation of the historical home was largely due to the efforts of Stephen Magnacca, Mayor of Brandon from 1961-1969. The third floor of the museum is called the Magnacca Research Centre, and is where all archival materials are stored. The mandate of these archives is to collect and preserve archival materials which illustrate the growth and development of the City of Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, both before and after incorporation, or which pertain in whole or in part to activities within the geographic boundaries of Brandon and immediately surrounding area. The archives provide reference services to individuals, organizations, or other groups interested in the activities and holdings of Daly House Museum's Magnacca Research Centre. The Daly House Museum is operated by the Brandon Museum Inc. Board of Directors.

Custodial history

The archival materials in this collection have been donated to the Daly House Museum by various individuals and organizations from 1985 to 2013.

Scope and content

The collection is comprised of material donated to and collected by the Daly House Museum. This is an artificially created collection of archival material that does not belong to a particular collection or fonds held at the Daly House Museum. The collection is divided into the following series:

Series 1: Photographs
Series 2: Postcards
Series 3: Books and Magazines
Series 4: Business Documents
Series 5: Event Documents
Series 6: Documents from Organizations
Series 7: Miscellaneous Documents

The following accession numbers are included in the Daly House Museum Collection:
1985.324 - 2013.324
2003.21
2004.17
2005.1 - 2008.1

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

All material is located in the archives at the Daly House Museum. It is arranged in files according to series and stored in two boxes. Oversized material is located elsewhere in the archives. Specific location details can be found on the museum database.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

physical storage

  • Box: CA DHM 324 Box 1
  • Box: CA DHM 324 Box 2