Fonds Acc: 94-01 - Culross United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Culross United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 94-01

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1955 - 1960 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Culross United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Culross, located southwest of Winnipeg in the Rural Municipality of Grey, from 1923 to 1952. At the time of formal Union with the United Church of Canada in 1925, Culross was part of the Elm Creek field along with Wingham. Rev. J.W. Ridd presided. The church was built as a community church built in the centre of town on Highway #2 on land donated by a Mr. Comrie. The building had structural defects from the beginning and was last used for a Castleton Christmas concert in December of 1944. The church was torn down in 1952, but services continued in the local school until the building was closed in 1967. The Culross congregation continued to operate a Sunday School and formed a United Church Women group as well.

Custodial history

The records of Culross United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Amaranth United Church in 1994.

Scope and content

The records of Culross United Church held at the conference archives include records of the United Church Women (1955-1960).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also records from the Rossburn Pastoral charge for further material pertaining to Culross United Church.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres