Crystal City United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Crystal City United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Crystal City United church was founded in 1925, although a Local Union between the Westminster Presbyterian and the Methodists was formed in 1921. The former Presbyterian church was used after Union. Reverend J.S. Miller officiated the first Union services and Reverend R.H. Gilmour presided after formal union. At the time of Union, Crystal City was part of a three-point charge with Clearwater and Rosebud. Rosebud's closure in 1970 left only Crystal City and Clearwater in the parish, becoming a two-point charge, Crystal City-Clearwater Pastoral Charge. A new church was constructed in 1977 and dedicated in 1982. In 2016, Crystal City-Clearwater Pastoral Charge was renamed Rock Lake Pastoral Charge and became a three-point charge, including Crystal City, Clearwater, and Pilot Mound. As of 2018 Rock Lake Pastoral Charge is a part of the Agassiz Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC