Fonds BA-521. - Crowfoot Mennonite Brethren Church, Crowfoot, Alberta fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Crowfoot Mennonite Brethren Church, Crowfoot, Alberta fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CMBS BA-521.

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1992-1993 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

0.2 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Crowfoot, Alberta settlement began with the purchase of approximately 4,000 acres of land in the fall of 1925 by the Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization. Families soon began settling there and a group met to organize a Mennonite Brethren Church in December. Some of the settlers, however, were members of the Allianz (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren) and the Conference of Mennonites, although they frequently worshiped together. In 1931 there were 17 families and 38 members in the church. This number remained quite static for a number of years, but by 1937 had declined to 20 members. Many families moved away because of crop failures. In 1938-39 most of the remaining families left because of a total crop failure and the church disbanded. The official records of the church are no longer extant. The leaders of the congregation were: David Kroeker (1925-1936; Abram Martens (1937-38).

Custodial history

Records were transferred to the Centre for M.B. Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of one letter (1992) and one newspaper clipping (1993).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Series description and a file list is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres