Title and statement of responsibility area
Coultervale United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 85-14; 88-02; 1996-10
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
13 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Coultervale United Church has existed in Coultervale, Manitoba (once known as South Antler), since 1925. In 1920, Coultervale entered a Local Union with Colter Methodist Church and the Presbyterian congregation from Lyleton, known as The Western Union before formally joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. Coultervale is located south of Melita in the Rural Municipality of Arthur. At the time of Union, the charge consisted of Coultervale, Coulter and Lyleton with Reverend J.C. Parker presiding. The former Presbyterian church was used. The church was rebuilt in 1956 after lightening destroyed the original building in 1953. In 1986, Coulter and Coultervale amalgamated. Both buildings were maintained and service alternated between the two churches. In 1994, the Cornerstone Pastoral charge was founded. Coulter-Coultervale, Lyleton and Pierson were included in the field along with congregations in Goodlands and Waskada. Cornerstone Pastoral charge is part of Assiniboine Presbytery. As of 2009, Coultervale is part of the Cornerstone Pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Coultervale United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a series of record transfers in 1985, 1988 and 1992.
Scope and content
The records of Coultervale United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1911-1951), Marriages (1911-1940, 1940-1980), Burials (1911-1928), a Communion Roll (1950-1951, 1958); records of the congregation (1920-1968); a cashbook from the Womens' Missionary Society (W.M.S)(1938-1967); records of the W.M.S (1945-1955); records of the Womens' Federation (1955-1961); records of the United Church Women (U.C.W.)(1962-1967, 1967-1971); financial records of the U.C.W. (1954-1986, 1962-1978); records of U.C.W. Allocation Projects (1961-1977); and records of the Sunday School (1954-1979, 1900-1962).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available
Associated material: Additional records are held at Pierson United Church.
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description