Coulter United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Coulter United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Coulter United Church was formed in 1925 in Coulter, Manitoba, located just over ten miles north of the Canadian/United States border in the Rural Municipality of Arthur, when the Local Union congregation, formed in 1920, officially joined the United Church of Canada. The former Methodist Church was used for worship and the pastoral field after Union consisted of Coulter, Coultervale and Lyleton. Reverend J.C. Parker officiated. In 1965, Pierson was added to the charge. In 1986 Coulter and Coultervale amalgamated and became Coulter-Coultervale. Both buildings were maintained and service alternated between the two buildings. In 1994, the Cornerstone Pastoral charge was founded. Coulter-Coultervale, Lyleton and Pierson were included in the field along with congregations in Goodlands and Waskada. The Coulter United Church closed in 1999. The building was sold and moved off site in 2000. The congregation erected a cairn on the church site.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC