Item 1986.342.2 - Copley Anglican Church

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Copley Anglican Church

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1986.342-1986.342.2

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • c.1900-1913 (Creation)
    Note
    West of Lyleton, Manitoba (R.M. of Two Borders)

Physical description area

Physical description

4.5" x 2.5" (b/w)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1891-1978)

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum in 1986.

Scope and content

Photograph of a group of people (including a minister) standing in front of Copley Anglican Church west of Lyleton, Manitoba.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

1986.432.3 is a reprint of this photograph.

Related materials

Accruals

General note

History: The Copley Anglican Church, also known as St. George's Anglican Church and Butterfield Church, was located west of Lyleton, Manitoba in the R.M. of Two Borders. It was established through the fundraising efforts of Goddard F. Gale and constructed by local settler William Cornwallis Bate. Bate began building in 1890 and completed the fieldstone structure in 1892. In September of 1892, the church was officially opened and consecrated by Bishop Robert Machray. The church was deconsecrated in 1913 as a result decreased attendence. Only remnants of the original wall remain standing today.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres