Title and statement of responsibility area
Construction of the CNR Prince Edward Hotel
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
The Canadian Northern Railway's Prince Edward Hotel was located on the southwest corner of 9th Street and Princess Avenue in Brandon. Designed by R. B. Pratt and D. A. Ross, the building was constructed between 1911 and 1912. This important Brandon landmark stood six storeys and was built with limestone and brick. The hotel closed in 1976 and, despite objections from community groups, was demolished in 1980.
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
August, 1911 (Creation)
Physical description area
14.5" x 12.5" (b/w)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Donated to the Daly House Museum by the City of Brandon in 1977.
Scope and content
Photograph of the Prince Edward Hotel during its construction.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Negative available at the Daly House Museum.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.