Fonds Acc: 2000 - 11 - Cochenour United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Cochenour United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 2000 - 11

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1987 - 1990 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 folder textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Cochenour United Church has existed in the Ontario community of Cochenour, 170 km north of Vermilion Bay in the Corporation of the Municipality of Red Lake, since 1951. The congregation was founded 20 years earlier as part of the Red Lake charge. The Cochenour United Church building is a former bunkhouse of the Orlac mine moved from the Cochenour mine site in 1951. Rev. J. Freeman was the first minister to preach in the new church. In 1955, the Red Lake charge was split up and a new charge known as Chukini, consisting of McKenzie Island, Cottage Cove, Cochenour and Balmertown, was created. Cottage Cove was removed from the charge in 1957, followed by McKenzie Island in 1960. In 1968, Ear Falls was added to the charge. The Chukuni charge became a co-operative ministry at Ear Falls with the Anglican Church in 1972. In 1975, one minister was posted at Ear Falls with the co-operative ministry and one minister was appointed for the Red Lake and Cochenour community. Since 1996, the Red Lake Pastoral charge has also been a shared ministry with the Anglican Church, as part of the Cambrian Presbytery.

Custodial history

The records of Cochenour United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Red Lake Pastoral charge in 2000.

Scope and content

The records of Cochenour United Church held at the conference archives include annual reports (1987,1989,1990).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also the Red Lake United Church fonds for other records pertaining to Cochenour United Church.

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres