Clydebank United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Clydebank United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Clydebank United Church existed in Clydebank, also known as Pine View, located in the Rural Municipality of Eriksdale, from 1925 to 1966. A Presbyterian congregation preceded the Clydebank United Church. Early Presbyterian services are believed to have commenced around 1913 in the Clydebank schoolhouse. The United Church congregation of Clydebank was primarily served by the minister from Eriksdale United Church. In 1961, Clydebank joined Ashern, Eriksdale and Clarkleigh in the newly created Southwest Interlake Pastoral Charge. Church services in Clydebank discontinued in 1966, and the field evolved into a three-point charge, though Selkirk Presbytery did not officially remove Clydebank from the list of preaching points of the charge until 1972.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places