Fonds 2006 - 44 - Cloverdale United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Cloverdale United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA 2006 - 44

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1910 - 1950 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 bound volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Cloverdale United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Cloverdale, in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews, since 1925. Its predecessor was Cloverdale Presbyterian Church, originally known as Madill Presbyterian Church, built in 1921. In 1925, Cloverdale was aligned with Little Britain and Highland. Rev. J. Knox Charles presided over this field. Until 1941, Cloverdale United Church was part of the Little Britain Pastoral charge. Since 1945, it has been part of the Selkirk Pastoral charge. Extensive basement renovations began in April of 1977, and a dedication service was held in the late fall of 1979 after all the work was completed. As of 2007, Cloverdale United Church is part of the Selkirk Pastoral charge in Selkirk Presbytery.

Custodial history

The records of Cloverdale United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Selkirk Pastoral charge in 2006.

Scope and content

The records of Cloverdale United Church held at the archives of the Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario include records of the Ladies Aid Society (1922-1930, 1942-1950) and financial records (1910-1941).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: Baptism, Marriage and Burial records for Cloverdale United Church can be found in the Sacramental registers pertaining to Little Britain United Church prior to 1941 and Selkirk United Church.

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres