Title and statement of responsibility area
Clearwater, St Paul fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA DRL OW.016
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
6 cm textual material
6 still images
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The parish of St Paul, Clearwater was officially formed on 17 May 1898. Services, however, were conducted as early as 1881 and held in private homes. Fundraising for a church building and an organ began in 1888. Construction began in the fall of that year and was completed, mostly by volunteer labour in the fall of 1889. The first service was held 4 November 1889. Clearwater, Crystal City (OW.019), and Mather (OW.054) have shared a minister since the formation of the latter parishes. In 1924, Clearwater was transferred to the Diocese of Brandon. In 1970, Clearwater began to be served by the Manitou Area parishes before rejoining the Diocese of Rupert`s Land in 1980. St Paul became one of the Pembina Hills Parishes, along with Altamont (OW.001), Crystal City (OW.019), Kaleida (OW.043), Manitou (OW.051), New Haven (OW.064), Pembina Crossing (OW.069) and Pilot Mound (OW.070). The Pembina Hills Parishes are currently engaging in Total Ministry, where Lay Readers are taking a greater role in leading worship service, administration and organization. On 23 February 1992, a special commissioning service was held at St John the Baptist, Manitou to commission lay readers. In Clearwater, Lay ministers now take morning prayer service and the Priest presides over Holy Communion services twice a month.
Parish to Diocese in 2001.
Scope and content
The records of St Paul include: Canonical Documents (1888); Titles (1930); Sacramental Registers (1884-1943); still images; Research file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
The Canonical Documents, Titles and Sacramental Registers are held in the Upper Vault. The Sacramental Registers are also available on microfilm, roll #W27. Still Images are filed by title and held in the Still Images Collection in the Lower Vault.
Availability of other formats
The Sacramental Registers are also available on microfilm, reel #W27.
Restrictions on access
Use of Parish Registers is restricted to Archives staff.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Rural Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: See also the Sacramental Registers of Pilot Mound, St John (OW.070)
Further accruals expected.
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Pilot Mound, St John (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description