Title and statement of responsibility area
Clandeboye Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1899 - 1923 (Creation)
Physical description area
2 volumes, 1 folder textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Clandeboye Presbyterian Church existed in Clandeboye, Manitoba, in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrew's from 1899 until 1925. The congregation originated as a Sunday school, and early worship services were held in the local schoolhouse. The congregation erected a church in 1901, on land donated by Mrs. Bogwell. Located at #9 Highway and Clandeboye Road, the first service in the Clandeboye Presbyterian Church was held in January 1902 and was attended by Dr. Bryce. The Presbyterian congregation of Clandeboye was temporarily joined in a charge with Little Britain from 1902 to 1904, and was connected in a charge with Dunara and Petersfield for the duration of its existence. Clandeboye Presbyterian Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, becoming Clandeboye United Church.
The records of Clandeboye Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 2002.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Clandeboye Presbyterian Church are arranged in the following series: records of the Committee/ Board of Managers, including minutes and financial records, 1901 to 1923; records of Annual Congregational Meetings and Annual Reports, 1901 to 1923; records of the Building Committee, including minutes, 1901 to 1908; records pertaining to church property, including ledgers, 1899 to 1908; and records of the Women's Auxiliary of Matlock, including minutes, correspondence and financial statements, 1952 to 1963.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of Clandeboye United Church and Clandeboye Pastoral Charge
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Clandeboye United Church (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description