Clandeboye Pastoral Charge

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Clandeboye Pastoral Charge

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Clandeboye Pastoral charge has existed in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrew's since 1902. The Presbyterian congregations of Clandeboye and Dunara began organizing in the late 1880's and throughout the 1890's. A manse was built in Clandeboye in 1904 and a succession of fulltime ministers presided over the communities of Clandeboye, Dunara and Petersfield from 1904 until 1941. The charge was a three point charge between Clandeboye, Dunara and Petersfield for most of its existence until Winnipeg Beach joined in 1963, increasing the charge to four points. The charge became a student field from 1944 until 1966 and then came under a permanent minister again until 1972. Sunday ministers then served the congregation until a fulltime minister was appointed in the mid 1980's. The congregations began a trial amalgamation in 1969, and in 1972 amalgamation of the four congregations became official. The amalgamated congregation is known as both the 'Clandeboye Amalgamated United Church' and as the 'Clandeboye Pastoral Charge of the United Church'.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC