Chater United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Chater United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Chater United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Chater, located east of Brandon, from 1925 to 1971. Its predecessor was a Local Union formed in 1922 between Chater Methodist Church and Chater Presbyterian Church. In 1925, Chater was part of the Douglas Pastoral charge along with Sperling. Rev. J.H. Hellyar presided at this time. Chater Methodist Church, completed in 1900, continued to be used as Chater United Church. Chater United Church closed in 1971 and the building became used as a community centre.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places