Chalmers United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Chalmers United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Chalmers United Church existed in Winnipeg from 1925 until 1977. The predecessor of Chalmers United Church was the Clifton Street Church (c.1907). In 1915, the small Presbyterian Church on Clifton Street was renovated and the name was changed from Clifton Street Church to Chalmers Church. Chalmers Church was partially destroyed by fire in 1918 and the damaged portion was restored. The Presbyterian congregation of Chalmers joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. In 1928, Rev. A.B. Baird laid the foundation stone for a new church structure on Spruce Street and Barret Avenue. The first service in the new Chalmers United Church was held on September 30, 1928. Chalmers United Church amalgamated with Greenwood United Church in 1977, becoming McClure United Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC