Title and statement of responsibility area
Chalmers Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 87-51
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
3 volumes of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Chalmers Presbyterian Church existed in the Manitoba community of Treherne, located southwest of Portage la Prairie, from 1885 to 1923. The congregation was first organized in 1885 by Rev. A.D. Haig, and the first services were held in the home of Walter Smith. The first church building was built in 1887 and dedicated in 1888 by Dr. James Robertson. The architect was J.H.G. Russell. The record books for this early period were destroyed in a fire on September 36, 1898. The cornerstone for a new church was laid October 10, 1907 and the completed church was dedicated on July 19, 1908. The previous church eventually became the home of a Mrs. Parsons and later of Mrs. Stuart Robertson. The pulpit, chairs, carpet and electric fixtures were donated by the Ladies Aid. A Local Union was formed in 1923 between Chalmers Presbyterian Church and Treherne Methodist Church. Chalmers Presbyterian Church continued to be used as Treherne Union Church.
The records of Chalmers Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Miami Pastoral charge in 1987.
Scope and content
The records of Chalmers Presbyterian Church held at the conference archives include: Communion Roll and Register (1898-1920); records of the Session (1903-1921); and records of the Women's Missionary Society (W.M.S.) (1908-1924).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of Miami United Church for other material pertaining to Chalmers Presbyterian Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description