Title and statement of responsibility area
Brandon Central United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1969 - 1996 (Creation)
Physical description area
40cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Central United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Brandon since 1969. Its predecessors were First, Kemnay, and St. Paul's United Churches and the Pentecostal Church. The four churches amalgamated on July 1 of that year, making it the largest United Church in Manitoba. St. Paul's Church building, built as a Presbyterian Church in 1901, continued to be used as Central United Church. Lightening started a fire that destroyed the church, including stained glass windows and the Cassavant Freres organ, on June 26, 1986. Only the church offices survived. A new church building, located at 327 8th Street, was dedicated on October 30, 1988.
The records of Central United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from Central United Church in 1978; 1991; and 2003.
Scope and content
The surviving records for Central United Church include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1969-1981), Marriages (1969-1995), and Burials (1969-1996); Congregational Roll (1969); records of the Joint Official Board (1969); records of the Ministry (1974); records of the Official Board (1970-1978); records of the congregation, including reports and correspondence (1970), statistics reports (1970-1972, 1974-1980), and Annual reports (1969-1978); records of the United Church Women (U.C.W.), (1969-1984); records of the Pastoral Committee (1973-1974, 1979); marriage licenses and miscellaneous correspondence; records of the Ashford Study Club (1954-1961); and photographs (1935).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description