Item 1986.148.8 - Central School and Hughes & Patrick Lumber Yard

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Central School and Hughes & Patrick Lumber Yard

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1980.148-1986.148.8

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • c.1886 (Creation)
    Place
    Manitoba--Brandon

Physical description area

Physical description

Photograph: 8" x 12" (b/w)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1895-1987)

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum in 1986.

Scope and content

Photograph of the original Brandon Central School with the Hughes & Patrick Lumber Yard at its side.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

History: The school was built in 1881 on the 100 block of 10th Street in Brandon. The two-storey brick building was constructed by the Brandon Protestant School Board and opened its doors in February of 1882. An addition was built onto the school in 1883 to accommodate the growing number of students. By 1890, the school had reached full capacity and was replaced by the New Central School on Lorne Avenue. The building was used by the Brandon School Board until 1903 when it was sold to the firm of Hughes & Company. Although the original part of the structure has since been demolished, the 1883 addition remains standing.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres