Fonds Ex-56 - Central Congregational Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Central Congregational Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Ex-56

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1908-1919 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

5 vol. textual material, photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Central Congregational Church existed in Winnipeg from 1887 until 1925. The predecessor of Central Congregational Church was First Congregational Church. Financial difficulties culminated in the foreclosure of the First Congregational Church building by the bank, and the dissolution of the congregation. Rev. J. B. Silcox then raised enough money to buy back the church, and as proprietor he loaned the building back to the congregation. The congregation renamed itself 'Central Congregational Church'. In 1925, Central Congregational joined the United Church of Canada to become Central United Church.

Custodial history

The records of Central Congregational Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records around 1970.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Central Congregational Church are arranged in the following series: records of lay associations, including the Women's Missionary Society, 1908-1919; and reference material, including orders of service, sermon pamphlets and photographs.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid and item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres