Fonds Vols. 113, 114, 1429, 2968, 4005, 4431. - Cedar Valley Mennonite Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Cedar Valley Mennonite Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA MHCA Vols. 113, 114, 1429, 2968, 4005, 4431.

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1968-1998 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

48 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Cedar Valley Mennonite Church was founded in 1940 in Mission, B.C. The congregation built its own meeting house that year on the property of its first leader, Abram Pankratz, on Ferndale Road. It was called the Mission City United Mennonite Church. There were 41 charter members in 1940. They built a larger meeting house (1951-1953) on Cedar Valley Road. It was then called the United Mennonite Church, Mission. In 1955 the membership was 116. In 1979 they built another even larger meeting house on Janzen Avenue and the name changed again to the Cedar Valley Mennonite Church. The membership was 247 in 1979. In 2000 the membership was 217. The leaders of the congregation were: Abram Pankratz (1940-1944), Jacob Nickel (1944-1946), Peter Froese (1947-1964), Ed Goerzen (1965-1976), John Pankratz (1973-1975), Gary Loewen 1975-1977, 1989-1991), Henry Born (1977-1979), Gordon Hardy (1978-1979), George Janzen (1980-1990), Jacob Thielmann (1981-1983), Nancy and Darryl Crocker (1981-1987), Janet and Bruce Barrie (1985-1988), Carol and Glenn Kelso (1988-1993), Tim Epp (1992-1994), Bob Cottrill (1995-2000), Dan Rempel (2001- ).

Name of creator

Administrative history

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains bulletins (1968-1998), annual reports (1975-1997), directories (1975-1994), congregational meeting minutes (1976-1977), elders meeting minutes (1977-1987), newsletters (1987-1995), and a 50th anniversary booklet with a brief congregational history (1990). The records pertain to the founding and development of the Mennonite congregation in Mission, B.C.. They document some of the leaders and participants in the congregation.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Inventory file list available.

Online version of finding aid available at: http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives/holdings/BC/BC_cedarvalley.htm

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres