Fonds Acc: 78-33; 93-25 - Cartwright Methodist Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Cartwright Methodist Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 78-33; 93-25

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1881-1907 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 vol. textual material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Cartwright Methodist Church existed in the Manitoba community of Cartwright from 1885 to 1920. Cartwright Methodist Church began as a mission and was associated with Oak Lake. The first Quarterly Board meeting of the Cartwright Methodist congregation was held in August of 1885. A church was erected the following year and was used until 1899, when it was replaced by a brick building. In 1902, Cartwright became a self-sustaining charge and included preaching points at Mather, Mylor, North Derby and Rock Lake. Cartwright Methodist Church joined in local union with Knox Presbyterian Church in 1920. The Methodist Church structure became home to the amalgamated congregation. In 1925, the congregation officially joined the United Church of Canada to become Cartwright United Church.

Custodial history

The records of Cartwright Methodist Church came to the archives of the conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records from the Cartwright-Mather Pastoral Charge in 1978 and 1993.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Cartwright Methodist Church include: records of the Board of Trustees, including minutes dating from 1888 to 1907; and a Methodist Tune Book dating from 1881.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions on access may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Language of material note

The material is in English.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres