Title and statement of responsibility area
Carroll United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 1999-76; 05-02; 2009-24
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
11 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Carroll United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Carroll, located southwest of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Oakland, from 1925 to 1968. Its predecessors were Carroll Methodist Church and Carroll Presbyterian Church. The Presbyterian church, built in 1895, continued to be used as the United Church. The congregation did consider the possibility of physically joining the Methodist and Presbyterian church buildings, but the idea was eventually defeated, and the Methodist church was sold in 1947. In 1925, the pastoral field included points at Carroll, Nesbitt and Burbank. Rev. S.P. Riddell officiated. Carroll United Church held its final service on June 30, 1968, and the members of the Carroll and Nesbitt congregation transferred to the Wawanesa Pastoral charge. The church property was sold in 1989.
The records of Carroll United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Souris-Elgin Pastoral charge in 1999, 2005, and 2009.
Scope and content
The records of Carroll United Church held at the conference archives include: records of the Woman's Missionary Society (W.M.S.) and Woman's Association (W.A.) (1954-1959); records of the W.M.S. (1958-1961), records of the U.C.W. (U.C.W.) (1964-1984); records of the Choir (1946-1961); history (1954); and records of the congregation (1954-1969).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Carroll United Church fonds description described elsewhere as part of the Carroll Pastoral charge.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description