Fonds Acc: 87 - 53 - Carroll Methodist Circuit fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Carroll Methodist Circuit fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 87 - 53

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1892 - 1923 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Carroll Methodist Circuit, previously known as the Hayfield Methodist Circuit, first appears in the records in 1892. The first recorded Methodist service in Carroll, Manitoba, located in the Rural Municipality of Oakland, was in 1894 with a Mr. Parish leading the service, and was held in a box car serving as the C.P.R. station. After it was built in 1895, the Methodist congregation rented the Presbyterian Church for services. Other communities that were part of the circuit at one time were Dorans, Hebron Hayfield, Minnewawa, Nesbitt and Riverview. Carroll Methodist Church opened in August 1908. The Hayfield Methodist Church was built in 1895, but closed July 1, 1923 and sold to Mrs. S. Latcham. On August 14, 1917, the Hayfield Circuit was renamed the Carroll Circuit. Following union with the United Church of Canada in 1925, the Carroll Presbyterian church was used for worship. The Methodist church was sold in 1947.

Custodial history

The records of the Carroll Methodist Circuit fonds came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Mr. Don MacIntyre in 1987.

Scope and content

The records of the Carroll Methodist Circuit held at the conference archives include Sacramental Register pertaining to Baptisms (1897-1922), Marriages (1897-1922), and Burials (1897-1923) and records of the Stewards/ Quarterly Official Board (1892-1913).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: The records of Carroll Methodist Church are also described as part of the Souris-Elgin Pastoral charge.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres