CARBERRY RINK ASSOCIATION

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

CARBERRY RINK ASSOCIATION

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Following the establishment of a small rink in 1886, the Carberry Rink Association was founded in 1904 to provide skating and curling facilities to local citizens. It was dissolved into the Carberry Community Centre in 1971. The name was changed in 1929 to the Carberry Skating and Curling Company Limited. Between circa 1966 and 1969 it was run by the Order of the Elks Rink Committee. A new building was officially opened in 1971, which included the rink, at which time the Company became part of the Community Centre. A small cyclone destroyed the building in 1916, and a fire in 1940.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places