Title and statement of responsibility area
Cameron Community Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 86-29
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 volume of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Cameron Community Church existed in the Manitoba community of Cameron, located northwest of Neepawa, from 1950 to 1966. Its predecessor was The Christian Union Church of Minto which was built on land donated by H. Cameron on NW 21-15-18. The church opened in November 1910 and was used by Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, Episcopalians, or any evangelical teachers approved by the Board of Directors. Cameron had its roots in the Methodist Church and had long been associated with the Minnedosa Methodist Circuit. This arrangment continued when Minnedosa and members of the Cameron congregation joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. Rev. F. Merriweather officiated the first United services. Since the church received financial support from the United, Anglican and Baptist Churches, Cameron never had an official denomination. It was known as Cameron Community Church instead. The 50th anniversary of the church structure was observed in November 1960, but services ceased in 1966. Some members transferred to Minnedosa United Church.
The records of Cameron Community Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Rev. Walker in 1986.
Scope and content
The records of Cameron Community Church held at the conference archives include records of the Stewards (1953-1964).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records from Clanwilliam United Church for other material pertaining to Cameron Community Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Clanwilliam United Church (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description