Cameron Community Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Cameron Community Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Cameron Community Church existed in the Manitoba community of Cameron, located northwest of Neepawa, from 1950 to 1966. Its predecessor was The Christian Union Church of Minto which was built on land donated by H. Cameron on NW 21-15-18. The church opened in November 1910 and was used by Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, Episcopalians, or any evangelical teachers approved by the Board of Directors. Cameron had its roots in the Methodist Church and had long been associated with the Minnedosa Methodist Circuit. This arrangment continued when Minnedosa and members of the Cameron congregation joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. Rev. F. Merriweather officiated the first United services. Since the church received financial support from the United, Anglican and Baptist Churches, Cameron never had an official denomination. It was known as Cameron Community Church instead. The 50th anniversary of the church structure was observed in November 1960, but services ceased in 1966. Some members transferred to Minnedosa United Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC