Item 48 - Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen, Wheat City Lodge #464

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen, Wheat City Lodge #464

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

The Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen was a workers' union founded in 1873 in New York. It was established to provide mutual support and insurance for railroad firemen. The organization also dealt with labor-management relations. Around the year 1900, the union changed its name to the Brotherhood of Locomotive Fireman and Enginemen (BLFE) to include engineers as well. Lodges for the BLFE were established across North America, including Canada. In 1969, the organization merged with other transportation unions to form the United Transportation Union.

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description



Reference code

CA DHM 1977.1-48

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • October, 1911 (Creation)
    Brandon (Man.)

Physical description area

Physical description

12.25 x 14.25 (b/w)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1882 - present)

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum by the City of Brandon in 1977.

Scope and content

Members of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen, Wheat City Lodge #464 marching in a parade. They are standing in front of the Brandon Roller Rink (Caledonian Rink) on 10th Street (200 block, east side).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Negative available at the Daly House Museum.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres