Title and statement of responsibility area
Brandon's Old Central School
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
The school was built in 1881 on the 100 block of Tenth Street in Brandon. The two-storey brick building was constructed by the Brandon Protestant School Board and opened its doors in February of 1882. An addition was built onto the school in 1883 to accommodate the growing number of students. By 1890, the school had reached full capacity and was replaced by the New Central School on Lorne Avenue. The building was used by the Brandon School Board until 1903 when it was sold to the firm of Hughes & Company. Although the original part of the structure has since been demolished, the 1883 addition remains standing.
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
Black and white photograph. 11.75" x 14"
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Donated to the Daly House Museum by the Assiniboine Historical Society in 1978.
Scope and content
Promotional photograph taken by the Canadian Pacific Railroad of Brandon's Old Central School.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright requirements are the responsibility of researcher.