Forme autorisée du nom
Victoria Avenue United Church (Brandon)
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Victoria Avenue United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Brandon from 1925 to 1938. Its predecessor was Victoria Avenue Methodist Church, built in 1910. In 1925, Rev. J.A.P. Lousely was the officiant. Victoria Avenue United Church amalgamated with Knox United Church on July 10, 1933. The charge became known as Victoria Avenue United Church, but both churches continued to hold regular services. The Victoria Avenue Church was known as the North Church. Services were held at both churches until 1938, when extensive repairs needed at both churches forced the congregation to make the decision to retain the North Church and sell the South Church. Once the move was officially made, the church was renamed Knox United Church. A new church replaced this building in 1956. The former Victoria Avenue United Church was sold to the Christian Reformed Church.