Forme autorisée du nom
Brandon Hills United Church
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Brandon Hills United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Brandon Hills, south of Brandon, Manitoba from 1925 to 2004. It was predecessed by Brandon Hills Presbyterian and Methodist churches, who jointly built a church in 1896. This church continued to be used after formal union with the United Church of Canada. The congregation of Blyth remained part of the Brandon Hills charge for a few years after officially joining the United Church of Canada, even though Blyth chose not to enter Union. A three - point charge formed again with Beresford and Little Souris in 1947. In 1956, Brandon Hills joined the Wawanesa Pastoral charge, which at the time included Wawanesa and Treesbank. In 1979, the Pastoral charge comprised of Brandon Hills, Wawanesa, and Nesbitt. Brandon Hills United Church was destroyed by fire on April 24, 2004. Construction on a new church began in the summer of 2006 and was completed the following year. In 2010 Brandon Hills, along with Wawanesa United Church is part of the Wawanesa Pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.