Title and statement of responsibility area
Brandon Hills United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1900 - 1985 (Creation)
Physical description area
.4m textual material. : (some microfilm)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Brandon Hills United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Brandon Hills, south of Brandon, Manitoba from 1925 to 2004. It was predecessed by Brandon Hills Presbyterian and Methodist churches, who jointly built a church in 1896. This church continued to be used after formal union with the United Church of Canada. The congregation of Blyth remained part of the Brandon Hills charge for a few years after officially joining the United Church of Canada, even though Blyth chose not to enter Union. A three - point charge formed again with Beresford and Little Souris in 1947. In 1956, Brandon Hills joined the Wawanesa Pastoral charge, which at the time included Wawanesa and Treesbank. In 1979, the Pastoral charge comprised of Brandon Hills, Wawanesa, and Nesbitt. Brandon Hills United Church was destroyed by fire on April 24, 2004. Construction on a new church began in the summer of 2006 and was completed the following year. In 2010 Brandon Hills, along with Wawanesa United Church is part of the Wawanesa Pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Brandon Hills United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers from the Brandon Hills congregation/ Wawanesa Pastoral charge in 1983; 1986; 1987; 1999; and 2003.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Brandon Hills United Church include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1900-1919), Marriages (1901-1917, 1941, 1947), and Burials (1901-1916); records of the Annual meetings (1904-1955), and an annual report (1982); records of the congregation (1955-1985); records of the Women's Missionary Society (1932-1965); records of the United Church Women (1961-1984), reports and thank offerings (1967-1983), and a cash book (1970-1984); pamphlets about the Ninette Sanatorium; records of the 100th Anniversary (1979); financial records (1902-1923, 1953-1965).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See Wawanesa United Church fonds. See also Rounthwaite Presbyterian Church and Rounthwaite United Church fonds for records pertaining to the Brandon Hills Women's Foreign Missionary Society and Women's Missionary Society.
Further accruals are expected.
The Congregtaional Meeting minutes dating from 1955 to 1985 are available in microfilm form.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description