Brandon First United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Brandon First United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-1969

History

First United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Brandon from 1925 to 1969. Its predecessor was First Methodist Church built in 1899. A new memorial chapel was dedicated on September 21, 1952. On July 1, 1969, First United Church amalgamated with the Pentecostal Church and Kemnay and St. Paul's United Churches to become Central United Church. The Carillon of Bells originally donated to the Church by Mrs. Arma Sifton was given to the International Peace Gardens, and the church property was sold. The building was demolished in 1971.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC