Item 7 - Brandon Fire Department's 80-Horsepower Combination Motor Truck

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Brandon Fire Department's 80-Horsepower Combination Motor Truck

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

.

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1978.14-7

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • c.1912 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph: b/w, 36 x 41 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Photograph of group of men seated in Brandon Fire Department's 80-horsepower combination motor truck in front of Central Fire Station. Chief John Melhuish, Brandon's first salaried fire chief, is seated beside the driver.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by the Assiniboine Historical Society in 1978.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Negative available at Daly House Museum.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

The Brandon Central Fire Station was built in 1911 at 637 Princess Avenue over the site of the city's first fire hall, constructed in 1882. The building was designed by architect W. A. Elliott and constructed by A. E. Bullock. It officially opened in January 1912. The station purchased its first motorized fire truck in 1912 under Chief John Melhuish, who reported a dramatic decrease in fire losses following the use of new motorized equipment between 1911 and 1914. The station became fully motorized by 1921 when it stopped using horse-drawn equipment. The Brandon Central Fire Station remained in use until 2009 and is designated a municipal heritage site.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

1978.14.7

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres