Item 33 - Brandon Brewery, 1401 Assiniboine Avenue

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Brandon Brewery, 1401 Assiniboine Avenue

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

The Brandon Brewery Co. Ltd. was established by Alexander Ferguson, Henry F. Maley, and Edward M. Maley around 1902. The Brandon Brewery was built in 1907. The business sold lager, ales, porter, and aerated waters. In 1923, the business was bought by a Winnipeg syndicate and became the Premier Brewing Company.

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1978.14-33

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1935-1940 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

5" x 8" (b/w)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum by the Assiniboine Historical Society in 1986.

Scope and content

Photograph of the exterior of Brewery Products Limited, formerly Brandon Brewery at 1401 Assiniboine Avenue, Brandon. In front are trucks with "Shea's Winnipeg Brewery Limited" written on the side and a group of men. Left to right, the men in the photo are: Henry Kietrich, Fred Johnson, Bill Sloan, Stan Fraser, Walter Herring (government liquor inspector), Sam Burneski, Jules Boux, Bill Dietrich, and Angus Monroe.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Negative available at the Daly House Museum.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

1986.14.33

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres