Item 26 - Brandon Normal School Class 1906

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Brandon Normal School Class 1906

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

The Brandon Normal School was a division of the Manitoba Department of Education. Normal Schools were started in the early 1880s to meet the demand for teachers in the province's schools. Prior to the building of the Brandon Normal School at 1129 Queens Avenue in 1911, classes were held at temporary locations throughout the city. The Brandon Normal School operated until 1946. The principal in 1906 was Archibald Wesley Hooper.

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1978.14-26

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1906 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

Black and white photograph. 15.5" x 19"

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum by the Assiniboine Historical Society in 1978.

Scope and content

Photographs of the Brandon Normal School Class of 1906. Top to bottom, left to right: 1st row: H. McIntosh, M. Horrowes, F. Speers, M.C. Pelton, F. Purdee, M. Reid, B. McKenzie; 2nd row: M.R. Hodgson, M. Howden,E. Donald, M. Grant, E. Brondgeest, E. Patrick; 3rd row; M. Miner, M. Carruthers, M. Ford, L. McDonald, J. Down, O. Boyce, E. Edwards, S.J. Snelgrove, A. McManus, A. Brownlow; 4th row: J.M .Frazer; M. Cooksley, C. Newcombe, E. Dorsey, Prof. Fenwick, E. Moore, A. W. Hooper, R. Parker, H. Whiteley; 5th row: R. Cole, O. Fleming, A. Haight, M. Kilfoyle, J. McLaren, M.S. Nevin, J. Fawcett, L. Pilling, E. Stinson; 6th row: E. Sunnbank, J.E.S. Dunlop, C. Johnson, P. Moore, C.Winston, P. Kilfoyle, R. Bride, E. Coble, M. MacDonald;7th row: F.M.E. Storey, C.S. Matthews, N. Anderson, M. Bruce, C. Swinnerton, D.A. McKenzie.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Negative available at the Daly House Museum.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright requirements are the responsibility of researcher.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

1978.14.26

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres