Fonds Acc: 2005 - 35 - Blaris Presbyterian Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Blaris Presbyterian Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 2005 - 35

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1907 - 1920 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Presbyterian Church became active in the Manitoban community of Blaris, located northeast of Hamiota in the Rural Municipality of Miniota, in 1890 when it became part of the Beulah field with Beulah and the Bird Tail Reserve with Rev. J. McArthur officiating. Services were held in the Methodist church after its construction in 1903. After the church burnt down in 1912, the Presbyterians assisted in building a new church. In 1913 the church was opened as a Union church. A Local Union was forged between Blaris' Presbyterian and Methodist congregations before formally joining the United Church of Canada in 1925.

Custodial history

The records of Blaris Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the conference office in 2005.

Scope and content

The records of Blaris Presbyterian Church held at the conference archives include records of the Women's Missionary Society (1907 - 1920).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also the records of Blaris United Church and Beulah Presbyterian Church for other material pertaining to Blaris Presbyterian Church. The records of Blaris Presbyterian Church are also described as part of the Miniota Pastoral charge fonds.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres