Blaris Presbyterian Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Blaris Presbyterian Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Presbyterian Church became active in the Manitoban community of Blaris, located northeast of Hamiota in the Rural Municipality of Miniota, in 1890 when it became part of the Beulah field with Beulah and the Bird Tail Reserve with Rev. J. McArthur officiating. Services were held in the Methodist church after its construction in 1903. After the church burnt down in 1912, the Presbyterians assisted in building a new church. In 1913 the church was opened as a Union church. A Local Union was forged between Blaris' Presbyterian and Methodist congregations before formally joining the United Church of Canada in 1925.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places